B. E. in Computer Science and Engineering (IoT & cyber security including Blockchain Technology) is a four-year undergraduate programme offered at Sagar Institute of Research and Technology- Excellence, Bhopal, affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya (RGPV) from the academic year 2023-2024 with an intake of 60 seats that familiarizes students with the functional and operational aspects of IoT including cyber security and block chain technology.
The curriculum for this program is designed to drive students towards the corpus of knowledge to develop IoT applications, Cyber Security and Blockchain Technologies.
IoT has a tremendous opportunity for various types of companies, including it’s application, IoT platform providers and integrators, telecom operators, and software vendors.
We rely on these systems for purposes such as entertainment, banking, education, governance, shopping, healthcare, business, research etc.. Cyber security deals with the security of computer systems such as theft of computer hardware, software, data and disruption or misdirection of the services provided by computer systems.
Major Milestone through this course:
- A cutting-edge technology to the students to develop and innovate in IoT & Cybersecurity, including Blockchain that proves to be an essential part for any organization.
- Impart value based technical education of global standards.
- Inculcate the entrepreneurship, technical knowledge and lifelong learning in theory and practice of Computer Science and Engineering in IoT & Cyber security including Blockchain.
- To strengthen the alumni and industrial association for development of students leading to technical and socio-economic growth.
Scope of syllabus
B. TECH in Computer Science & Engineering (IoT & cyber security including Block chain Technology) mainly focus on Areas that are focused: Internet of Things,
- Industrial and Medical IoT Applications
- IoT Security
- Trust based Computing
- Cyber Security and Forensics
- Ethical Hacking
- Cloud Security
- Blockchain Technology and Use cases
- Blockchain Programming with Node Js
- Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies
- Distributed Ledger Technology
- Smart Contracts and Applications
Career Opportunities after graduation from this course:
The students in this program shall be empowered with a detailed review of the security-related challenges and sources of threat in the IoT applications while exploring various emerging and existing technologies focused on achieving a high degree of trust in the IoT applications. The interrelated four technologies - Blockchain, fog computing, edge computing, and machine learning are also suitably explored to increase the level of security in IoT through the breadth of the program.
It has tremendous job opportunities in various sectors with positions like
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Penetration Testes
- Security Auditor
- Security Manager
- Vulnerability Accessor
- Security Administrator
- Security Consultant
- Security Software Developer
- Forensic Expert
- Incident Responder
- Security Analyst
- Security Architect
- Security Engineer
- Blockchain Developer
- Blockchain Solution Architect
- Blockchain Project Manager
- Blockchain UX Designer
- Blockchain Quality Engineer
- Blockchain Legal Consultant and many more.